We’re over the hurdle of winter and headed into a favorite season of mine: Spring. Spring in Nevada County is a beautiful thing. The wildlife are out with their young, the rivers are swollen and the hillsides are bright green. Clearly, I love this area anytime of year but spring is definitely when Nevada County shines.
Nevada City in particular lights up in the spring time. Spring seems to be a kick-off to all sorts of fun local, community events. Farmer’s Markets begin filling up with fresh, local produce and handmade trinkets. First Friday artwalks begin in May, and carry on through summer. Truly, the area begins to really feel “alive” in the spring.
Craft Fairs, Garden Tours, I could go on and on and on about all of the enticing local happenings coming up. I’ve put together a list of my own with 20 ways to celebrate spring in Nevada County (and especially Nevada City). Let me know if you think I’ve missed anything!
- Visit the South Yuba River Park and take in the beauty of the Yuba River, the Bridgeport Covered Bridge and more.
- …on that note, participate in one of the Wildflower or Bird Walks at the South Yuba River Park.
- Take in the sights, smells and tastes of one of these fabulous Nevada City Farmer’s Markets happening throughout the year.
- Plan an art walk of your own through the streets of Nevada City.
- Go wine tasting at your choice of several delicious local tasting rooms in downtown Nevada City like Szabos and Nevada City Winery.
- Catch a play at Off Broadstreet or another local Nevada County theatre.
- Take the opportunity to try out Nevada City’s first ‘glamping’ experience at the Inn Town Campground
- Dig deep and go for the gold with some gold panning in the beautiful Sierra Foothills
- Spend a day at the lake, fishing and taking in the spring air. Check out Rollins Lake, Scotts Flat Lake, or one of the other lovely lakes surrounding Nevada County
- Grab your skis, load up the family and head out to the mountains for some snow day action!
- Spring time hiking can offer the most gorgeous views and there are plenty of local Nevada County hiking trails to choose from.
- Plan a special night in Nevada City at one of our many fine dining restaurants…
- …Or, get a little more casual by dining at a local pub or bistro.
- Nevada City has a great selection of coffee shops!
- Grab some ice cream, chocolates or candy apples from a sweet treat shop in Nevada City.
- One of my favorite things to do includes visiting the local boutique shops on Broad Street. If you’re searching for something special, you’re sure to find it here.
- Of course, nothing really beats a revitalizing spa retreat…
- The nightlife in Nevada City really lights up beginning in April. Check out a local calendar for live music events in Nevada County.
- Later in spring, make plans to check out the Nevada City Bicycle Classic.
- Lastly, spring is a GREAT time to think about upgrading your home in Nevada City. Call me for more information about marketing your home for sale and upgrading to a new one!