I’m not sure if you heard, but recently Nevada City – our beautiful, charming Nevada City – was ranked by Top Value Reviews as one of the 30 Most Romantic Small Towns for the Holidays. I’m not surprised. I know how much I love this quaint community but it makes my heart happy to know that the rest of the world is taking notice. And it couldn’t come at a better time with Victorian Christmas beginning this Sunday.
Victorian Christmas recalls the history of Nevada City. White lights are hung, real gas lamps are lit, and carolers dressed in Victorian apparel sing along the sidewalks. Anyone searching for a way to jump into the Christmas spirit only needs to visit a Victorian Christmas event. It’s one of my favorite events of the season!
Three Sundays and two Wednesdays in December, downtown Broad Street closes down to vehicle traffic and opens up a portal to the North Pole! Visitors and locals alike are treated to carolers, roving minstrels, jugglers, characters in Victorian costume, local musicians and more. The aromatic fragrance of hot spiced cider fills the air. If you get lucky, it might even snow!
Head out to Victorian Christmas this season with your family and friends. Take a carriage ride! Stay the night at one of the cozy B&B’s that line the street.
Here are a few more things you’ll want to catch if you’re planning a Victorian Christmas visit:
- Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire – Not just a song! Catch Cecil Snow, the town’s favorite Victorian chimney sweep, as he tends the fire and distributes chestnuts to eat!
- Shop Local – Local crafters showcase their wares for shoppers to browse all along Broad Street. When you spend money locally, you’re investing in our community.
- Santa Photos – For $5, your group and / or your child can take your own photo with Santa! The best part? The fee goes to a local charity!
- Dress Victorian – This is part of the fun! Plenty of Broad Street shops have outfits perfect for the Victorian occasion.
- Take A Carriage Ride – Because… why not?
Events like Victorian Christmas make my job as a real estate agent easy. This gorgeous town sells itself! Stop by my office or give me a call if you’re in the area and are interested about real estate or local events.